Traveling with your pet bird is a fun experience. They’re great company, force you to slow down, and, most importantly, you’ll no longer have to leave them at home.
However, traveling with your pet bird also comes with challenges. For starters, you need to ensure that they remain safe and comfortable throughout the trip. Instead of enjoying your time together, they’ll end up being stressed if you fail to look after their needs.
Before you take your pet bird on adventures outside, take note of the information presented in this article. Here, we’ll provide easy-to-follow tips and tricks to make your upcoming trip with your pet bird one for the books!
- Choose the Right Bird Carrier
- Introduce Your Pet to Their Bird Carrier
- Do Practice Runs
- Give Them Anti-Stress Supplements
- Keep the Car Cool
- Bring the Essentials
- Check Your Pet Often
- Look for Signs of Motion Sickness
By Public Bus or Train
- Use a Bird Carrier Backpack with Perch
- Introduce the Carrier to Your Pet
- Practice First
- Cover the Carrier With a Blanket
- Pack the Essentials
- Recreate Your Pet’s Normal Environment
- Learn the Policies and Requirements
- Get the Right Bird Carrier Backpack
- Prepare The Bird Carrier
- Identify Required Documents
- Prepare Your Pet Bird