Planning a trip but don’t know how to safely bring your furry friend? Look no further, here are a few essential tips for travel! Travelling can be highly stressful for both you and your pet, so the most important step in planning your flight is making sure you have a safe and comfortable method of transporting your four-legged friend.
- Be sure to start planning your trip far in advance
- It is imperative that you understand and comply with the regulations of your airline. Depending on your destination, you may need to fill out additional paperwork. If you have a young, sick, or elder pet, consult with your vet to see if they are fit for travel.
- On the day of travel, you must think of the best time to feed your pet
- Experts advise not to feed your dog/cat right before a flight. This can lead to stomach pains while in the air. Additionally, you should arrive with ample time before your flight. When traveling with pets, additional screening is often required. By giving yourself time, you will avoid any stress-inducing commotion caused by rushing through the airport. Also, you should exercise your pet as much as possible on the day of travel. Many airports have dog-friendly facilities where your furry friend can take a walk and relieve itself. Exercise will tire your pet allowing for a much needed snooze on the plane. In addition, it is recommended to bring items or toys that comfort your pet. Bringing a familiar comfort object like a blanket or stuffed animal will help ease some of their anxiety mid flight.
- Upon arrival at your destination, find a place to give your pet space
- Never leave your pet unattended in order to avoid further discomfort for your furry friend. Furthermore, ensure that you have access to a transportation service that allows pets. Many rental car services are not pet-friendly.
- Remember, traveling with animals doesn’t have to be stressful!
- The key to comfortable travel is investing in the right carrier. Consider what is best for you and your pet. Your carrier should be lightweight and properly accommodate your furry friend. Also, be sure your carrier fits the size requirement of your airline. A secure carrier allows you to travel for business or pleasure without having the added stress of leaving your pet behind.
Lastly, sit back and relax! Once you arrive at your final destination, enjoy spending quality time exploring a new place with your furry friend! Shop our Diamond Deluxe Pet Carrier here!